Blog Archive

I WON! I'm a Winner. Things are gonna change I can feel it. :)

I finished NaNoWriMo, and I won!  Hooray for me!  Frankly I think anyone who made a good attempt is a winner, even if they didn't make it anywhere near the 50K mark.  Not everyone needs to meet a target like that, especially if they are new to the idea.  This is my third year trying and my first year finishing.

I finished with a total of 52,077 words.  Of course I fully intend on throwing out about 40% of those and the remainder is in serious need of revision!

I'm not going to focus on the problems right now; I'm reveling in my success.  I learned something really exciting about myself during nano this year - I can write allot of volume really quickly!  I also learned that when I just shut-up and write (JSAW) I can be very creative.

The story that I started for nano is epic, and I don't intend on having it finished any time soon.  I want to really let this story and the characters settle into themselves as I go though the process of finishing and revising my story.  So I think I may just lay it aside until March and focus on other smaller projects in the meantime to further develop the skills I've unleashed this November.

I am also continuing in some writing groups that were spawned from our Atlanta nano write-ins.  If you are interested, please register leavesinsheaves.com to see our calendar or email me through the site.

0 comments: