Blog Archive



On Day 20 of NaNoWriMo I finally caught up with the suggested daily word count with 33,387 words.  By immersing myself things that relate to my own characters and plot I've been able to piece together much more of the story they want to tell.

Following the narrative lifetimes of a family across 15 generations and through three story arcs, I am exploring the emergence of a new societal construct. The world as we know it will end, bringing about the demise of the world economy, major political institutions, and entire countries. The ensuing battle for survival against all odds will force people to return to their roots and find a more simplistic way of life. Will successive generations found a new industrial age, or a paradise as yet undefined?

While I know I will be meeting my goal for NaNoWriMo 2010, I also believe it will be several months longer before I finish even the first draft of my new story.  I'm terribly excited about it, but don't expect it to be reader-ready until 2012 at the earliest.  So, wish me luck, and if you are interested follow along to see if I make any more progress reports for this project!

0 comments: